Looking Back While Moving Forward: 2016 Highlights
Hello everyone, and Happy 2017! If you follow me on Facebook, then you'll know that I took a short break from blogging over the holidays. So, for my first post of the New Year I thought it would be fun to take a look back and hit the highlights of 2016, as well as share some of my goals for the coming year.
As is often the case, some of the best parts of our year were also the hardest.
2016 Highlights (in no particular order):
- I started this website and began pursuing a long-held dream of mine!
- Attended the American Christian Fiction Writers Association Conference in Nashville
- Vacationed at Kiawah Island, S.C. where we spent the majority of our time laying on the beach reading, or biking to the local market for coconut donuts and iced chai tea lattes
- Celebrated 5 years of marriage!
- Became foster parents to a 4 year old and 6 month old for about 2 months
- Read over 60 books
- Developed relationships with some of the girls through our college class at church and spent two wonderful weekends catching up with my own college roomies.(You can read more about it here and here.)
- Complete the first draft of my novel (on track to finish by March!)
- Attend the ACFW Conference in Dallas, TX and pitch my manuscript to agents
- Plan an epic vacation with Jonathan
- Find a Bible Study plan that works for me
- Continue to step out of my comfort zone and pursue relationships
- Read more non-fiction
As for what to expect from me in terms of the blog... I did a lot of thinking over the holidays and have decided to post once every other week on Thursday mornings. I realized that blogging was taking valuable time away from my writing, and in the end I wasn't doing either of them well. Isn't that often the case when we try to do too much?
You can expect the usual book reviews, reading guides, and writing updates, as well as posts about dating relationships, roommates and other bits of encouragement for young women. My prayer is that this blog will be filled with truth, beauty, laughter and encouragement throughout the year.
Thank you so much for those of you who have stuck around and read faithfully! What are some of your goals for the New Year?